A quick & easy back to school guide for 2018.
A helpful list of all you need to be prepared for a fantastic 2018 school year.
End of school year:
- Check your child’s school uniform.
- School shoes: check the size and condition.
- Do school bags need to be replaced or repaired?
- Check the condition of sports gear.
- Sell or giveaway any of the above items that are too small. Create a list of items that are required.
- Dry clean school blazers to be ready in time for next year.
- Ensure you have submitted all the necessary paperwork to the school that your child will be attending.
- Confirm with the school that your child is enrolled.
- Get a list of stationery and supplies for your child, from the school, for the following year.
- Get a list of text books for your child, from the school, for the following year.
- Collect leaflets for back to school items, decide on a budget and where you’re going to purchase your supplies.
2 weeks before school starts:
– Shop for all your supplies:
- Stationery (Top 20 – as voted for by over 1000 teachers)
- Faber-Castell Colour Ecopencils
- Bantex Glue Stick
- Goldfaber 1221 Pencils
- Junior Triangular Colour Pencils
- Fibre Tip Pens
- Mesh Bags
- Colour Grip Pencils
- Ballpen SpeedX10
- Grip 2001 Blacklead Pencils
- White PVC Free Eraser
- PP Filing Pockets
- 30cm Ruler
- Tri-Click Mechanical Pencil
- 12 Twist Retractable Wax Crayons
- Whiteboard Markers
- Grip 2001 Trio Sharpener
- Oil Pastels
- Project Files
- Uniform: hat, blazer, shirts, ties, pants, skirts, undies, socks, shoes
- School bag
- Sports gear
- Lunch box
- Juice / water bottle
-Arrange / confirm aftercare or childcare if necessary.
-Plan your routines. Start practicing bedtimes and wake-up times.
-Label EVERYTHING, with your child’s name, grade and your contact number.
1 week before school starts:
- Iron out transport arrangements with your child. Time the walk to the bus stop or take the route to school. Remember to allow for traffic congestion once school starts.
- Plan daily school lunches a week ahead of schedule. Check out these great ideas https://bit.ly/2BjixlH and https://bit.ly/2jTE7TE
- Book a post holiday haircut.
- Pack school bags with stationery and text books, checking against the school list to make sure you have everything.
The night before school:
- Layout clothes, shoes and backpacks ready for the next day.
- Prepare and pack lunch boxes, include a little surprise to let your child know you’re thinking of them.
- Plan a quick and nutritious breakfast.
- Set an alarm to wake up on time.
- Mentally prepare yourself for the amount of books you’re going to have to cover, or get some help with the convenient range of Bantex book covers.
- Be enthusiastic about school starting. Send your child off to school with a positive attitude.
All the best for back to school 2018!